Te Roopu Reo Rua
Te Roopu Reo Rua is the Maori Bilingual Unit that caters for approximately 200 students ranging from year levels 1-8.
There are nine classes in the unit this year.
Te Roopu Reo Rua embraces the values of:
- - Aronui – Consideration
- - Mahi Tahi – Co-operation
- - Whakaaro Atawhai – Courtesy
- - Whakaatu Atu Tatou I Te Whakaaro Tika – Common Sense
Our aspirations are that all students will stand strong in both worlds, Maori and English and by the time they leave our school at Year 8, they will be confident and competent in Te Reo me ona Tikanga Maori and Te Reo Pakeha.
We value and respect the support of our Whanau in their child’s learning. Whanau can get involved with our unit by:
- Supporting our tamariki on class camps and trips
- Attending 3 Way Conferences to listen and contribute to their child’s learning
- Attending Whanau Hui to support the Kaupapa being discussed
- Supporting team and school activities
Matua Tipene Team Leader