Welcome to B11's Page
On this page, you will find all sorts of things we do as a class. Should you have any questions or queries, please see the classroom teacher for more information.
During our learning sessions, we will be focusing on the Key Competencies and the 4Cs in our school.
The 4Cs in our school are:
- Common Sense - whakaatu atu i te mahi tika / 常识 (cháng shí)
- Cooperation - mahitahi / 合作 (hé zuò)
- Consideration - whakaaro atawhai / 体谅 (tǐ liàng)
- Courtesy - āronui / 礼节 (lǐ jié)
The New Zealand Curriculum Key Competencies are:
- Managing Self
- Participating and Contributing
- Relating to Others
- Using Language, Symbols, and Text
As 21st century learners, we will use different learning approaches to expand our knowledge using the 4Cs of 21st Century learning skills:
- Critical Thinking
Frequently asked questions:
- Students are expected to read every night for at least 20 minutes, so they must have a book-bag in order to bring books home from school.
- Some students need to learn and practice times tables - they will have a notebook to write in each night.
- Sometimes students will bring home unfinished classwork or will have a task to do on Google Classroom or their ePortfolio on Google Site. Students are encouraged to do their own research on class topics or about their interests.
If you have other queries please call the school office or email Miss Li on email@example.com
>>> 2022 <<<
Our big idea for Term 1 is Tikanga/Culture. We will be learning our own pepeha, Aotearoa histories such as the Treaty of Waitangi, Declaration of Independence and more. We will be discussing with our whānau about family history and present the "digital storytelling" through various medium.
Our integrated subjects will be taught in forms of STEAM. We will continue to work with different resources and learn different kinds of Science, Technology, Engineering, The Arts and Mathematics concepts.
Our buddy class is A5, they are a Year 1/2 class. We will be meeting them for tuākana and teina sessions for Buddy Reading and Buddy Class bonding activities (when possible).
Each of us are placed in a sports team. There are four teams: Totara, Rimu, Kahikatea and Kauri. We have Team Sports on Fridays (when possible).
Here is a snapshot of what we have been doing in the first couple of weeks in Term 1
For Term 2, B11 will be focusing on the geological information of New Zealand and relating it to the Aotearoa New Zealand Histories Curriculum. The integrated topics will be taught through inquiry based learning and STEAM learning sessions.
Our trips for this term includes Fo Guang Shan Temple in Flat Bush, Auckland Museum, Maungakiekie (One Tree Hill), Maungawhau (Mount Eden) and many more.