Welcome to B7's Page
On this page, you will find all sorts of things we do as a class. Should you have any questions or queries, please see the classroom teacher, Whaea Teagan for more information (contact details below)
B7 eating lunch together as a whanau
Welcome to a great year of learning in 2020
For Term 1, our Ngā Hau e Whā Toru big idea for learning is exploring "Tikanga/Culture" and how we can "be the change we wish to see in the world" when it comes to caring for Papatūānuku - Mother Earth.
During our learning sessions, we will be focussing on the Key Competencies and the 4Cs in our school.
The New Zealand Curriculum Key Competencies are:
- Managing Self
- Participating and Contributing
- Relating to Others
- Using Language, Symbols and Text
The 4Cs in our kura - Finlayson Park School are:
- Common Sense
As 21st century learners, we will use different learning approaches to expand our knowledge using the 4Cs of 21st century learning skills:
- Critical Thinking
Frequently asked questions:
- Students are expected to read every night for at least 20 minutes, so they MUST have a bookbag in order to bring books home from school.
- Some students need to learn and practice times tables - they will have a notebook to write in each night.
- Sometimes students will bring home unfinished class work or will have a task to do on Google Classroom or their e-portfolio. We also encourage students to do their own research on class topics or about their interests.
If you have other queries and cannot make it into school to chat, please email Whaea Teagan firstname.lastname@example.org
Researching about the history of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi
Group 1 during their swimming lesson - Learning to swim on their back