Finlayson Park School

Nga Hau E Wha Rua 

For your child's home learning for Term 3 week 4 2021, please click on the tab Home Learning. Your child can still use Epic and Studyladder during this time, your child's teacher will inform you of the passwords.

Nga Mihi  

Nga Hau e Wha Rua is a team of Year 3 and 4 English medium students with a teaching team comprising of 6 teachers:

• Marian Then (B2)
  • Lisa-Marie Griffin (B3)
  • Morgan Collett (B4)
  • Connie Noble (B5) 
  • Whaea Taeang Erika (M1)
  • Jacqui Davis (Senior Leader)

Our team focuses on empowering and engaging students through a range of innovative lessons promoting creativity and critical thinking, in and outside of the classroom.  The students are also learning to explore topics of interest through Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics otherwise known as STEAM.

This year we want to continue taking our students on trips around Auckland where they can experience learning in the community with a focus on their own cultures and learning the culture of others. Throughout many of the lessons, we integrate the Key Competencies as it helps build our students' knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values.

Our school 4 C's, Consideration, Courtesy, Co-operation, and Courtesy are also importantly upheld by all staff as implementing the importance of these values with the support of our Finlayson Park Curriculum ensures that all students receive an overall wholesome and holistic education.

Jacqui Davis is the Team Leader.

Some of the things we have been doing in 2021: