Kia ora, Kia orana, Talofa lava, Malo e lelei, Bula Vinaka, and welcome to a B9’s homepage for 2019!
This page contains information about the teaching and learning that happens in B9. If you have any questions / queries, please feel free to email or contact Whaea Breeze for more information.
In B9 we believe that each student is important and they represent not only themselves but their whanau. They bring a wealth of knowledge about their culture to the class environment. Our learning for this term will be based around the topics "Cultures / Te Ao Maori.” We want to celebrate the diversity of our tamariki.
The Key Competencies will drive our learning programmes as they focus on essential skills that our kids need to practice daily.
The New Zealand Curriculum Key Competencies are:
- Managing Self
- Participating and Contributing
- Relating to Others
- Using Language, Symbols and Text
Frequently asked questions:
- Students are expected to read every night for at least 20 minutes, so they MUST have a bookbag in order to bring books home from school.
- Some students need to learn and practise times tables - they will have a notebook to write in each night.
- Sometimes students will bring home unfinished class work or will have a task to do on Google Classroom or their e-portfolio.
- We also encourage students to do their own research on class topics or about their interests.
If you have other queries and cannot make it into school to chat, please email Whaea Breeze email@example.com