Welcome to B7's Page
On this page, you will find all sorts of things we do as a class. Should you have any questions or queries, please see the classroom teachers for more information.
Welcome to a great year of 2019
For Term 1, our Ngā Hau e Whā Toru big idea for learning is "Tikanga/Culture".
During our learning sessions, we will be focussing on the Key Competencies and the 4Cs in our school.
The New Zealand Curriculum Key Competencies are:
- Managing Self
- Participating and Contributing
- Relating to Others
- Using Language, Symbols and Text
The 4Cs in our kura - Finlayson Park School are:
- Common Sense
As 21st century learners, we will use different learning approaches to expand our knowledge using the 4Cs of 21st century learning skills:
- Critical Thinking
Frequently asked questions:
- Students are expected to read every night for at least 20 minutes, so they MUST have a bookbag in order to bring books home from school.
- Some students need to learn and practise times tables - they will have a notebook to write in each night.
- Sometimes students will bring home unfinished class work or will have a task to do on Google Classroom or their e-portfolio. We also encourage students to do their own research on class topics or about their interests.
If you have other queries and cannot make it into school to chat, please email Whaea Teagan firstname.lastname@example.org or Miss Li email@example.com
Miss Li is in B7 from Monday to Wednesday. She is the Mandarin Teacher for Ngā Hau e Whā 3 on Thursday and Friday.
Whaea Teagan is our Ngā Hau e Whā 3 Team Leader and Year 7 and 8 Specialisation Teacher. She teaches B7 on Thursday and Friday.
For Term 2, our Ngā Hau e Whā Toru big idea for learning is "Systems".
B7's timetable for this term as below:
Please feel free to come in our class to check our work that is displayed on the wall.
For Term 3, our Ngā Hau e Whā Toru big idea for learning is "Enterprise".
Please feel free to ask the classroom teachers to show you what we have done this term or check out our students' ePortfolio (permission request required).
Backdrop in Progress
Performance on 19/09/2019
For Term 4, our Ngā Hau e Whā Toru big idea for learning is "Globalisation".
- Rugby World Cup
Economics and Tourism
History and Cultural Practices