In our Music Classes
students learn about:
- Music Elements such as tempo, dynamics, beat and rhythm
- Music Notes that include crotchet, minim,
- Year 1 and 2 students play the un-tuned percussion
- Year 3 students play the recorders
- Years 4, 5 and 6 students play the ukulele (C
chord, F chord, C7 chord, Dm chord, Am chord, G chord, Bb chord)
During each session students discuss the importance of knowing the Music Elements. Our senior students have a natural ability in finding beat and rhythm to played pieces of music. They are also very creative in creating moves accordingly.
Junior students participate joyfully. They are most fascinated in playing different types of instruments.
We have 16 students in our ukulele band who play any songs.
New songs learnt so far include "We are Aotearoa” and "Try Everything”.